Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Best Print Option in Nintex Forms Office 365

Jump to solution

Hi All,

What is the best option to print the Nintex forms (Office 365)?

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Best Print Option in Nintex Forms Office 365

Jump to solution

I would say.....waiting for the feature to be released !

In fact you two ways of "trying" to deal with printing.

1 - If you want to print form "as is", meaning the layout is the same for editing than for printing :

- Create custom print ready CSS

- then use window.print() action in javascript on a button

2- If you want a specific layout for prinitin :

- Create a copy of your list with a specific form layout ready for printing

- Create a workflow for on-demand copying item from Edit list to Printing list (keepin the ID of the original item)

- Create a javascrip Print Button that will appear on SharePoint list for each item, opening Print layout from second list when clicked

Whatever the solution, you won't be able to deal with repeating sections (introducing blank pages on Internet Explorer printing).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Thomas. I really appreciate your response.

Could you able to share the detailed steps to achieve the printing outcome based on Option 1?

And Does any other browser option make a difference to deal with repeating sections requirements in printing?

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

You could find how to create the Print button here : Print Button - Nintex Forms

For what i've tested, repeating sections behaviour on printing depends on browser, version, settings,...

With Internet Explorer for example, if your repeating section contains more than one line, you'll find many blank page on top of printed document.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok. Thanks for the information.

The link you have shared only have steps to use window.print() action in javascript on a button.

Would you able to share some example as per your option 1 solution to Create custom print ready CSS? Thank you.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

David Beayon's post goes through it, although handling variable repeating sections isn't covered.  I suspect that may require parsing layers of XML into text strings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Since the 20th of July, "Print to PDF" is available in Nintex Forms for Office 365 (Enterprise only).