Barcode reader in SharePoint Online doesn't work

• 14 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Hello network,

I recently relocated some nintex forms from SP 2010 to SPO that have text fields with the barcode reader enabled for using the Nintex Mobile App. These forms still work on the on-prem server but they don't work on SPO. The barcode is enabled and when accessing it, they only show the device's keyboard, see attached image.

I am using different devices this functionality does not work in any of them. I have tried iPhone 5S and 6, moto g6, samsung g Galaxy Tab A / SM-T350, Galaxy Tab A / SM-T380, Galaxy Tab A / SM-T560 and Galaxy Tab A / SM-T113NU. All of them have mobile app version 7.2.

Any guidance? perhaps setting in the SPO site collection I missed?

Thanks,

Valentin

91i128706EB53593FA6.png

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi

what happens if you create a new list, add a form and enable the barcode option. Does it work in Nintex Mobile?

There is no specific setting to enable the barcode functionality. So if a new form works and shows the barcode option then maybe it helps to readd the text box and re-enable the barcode option. If that doesn't help you could try to export your current form, delete it and recreate a new one to see what happens.

Best regards

Enrico

Thank you, @praios81 - it just behaves oddly. The feature shows for some lists, it doesn't show for others. We started to relocate them to PowerApps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @perezva,

I just created a Responsive Form in Office365 with a Single Line of Text control and enabled barcode scanning. I then opened the form on my Android phone and it appeared OK.

Perhaps drop an email to support@nintex.com to see if they can help diagnose the issue?

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +4

Hi @perezva 

Looking at the screenshot, the textbox does not seem have barcode enabled. 

Maybe double check to make sure you have enabled the barcode option for the textbox.

If the problem still exists, please reach out to support.

Thank you @EuanGamble - I did exactly the same. The weird stuff is that the control works for some lists and it does not work for others. I did reach out to nintex support... I logged the ticket almost 2 months ago, still open. 

Thank you @vahid - the screen doesn't show the tiny control icon but in the nintex form, it has the check box for enabling the control when using the nintex mobile app. 

The strange thing is that the control shows up for some lists but not for all of them. Weird, weird, weird.