Changes to form not taking affect.

• 30 October 2007
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

I am using InfoPath 2007 and MOSS 2007 but am not sure how to get the form changes I make to take affect.

I used to use K2.net 2003 and published my Infopath forms direct to Sharepoint, however, this doesn't seem to be the way with Blackpearl. Is this correct?

I have published my InfoPath form to a network drive (as advised) and if I try to publish over the top of this file, I get the message "The selected form template cannot be overwritten with the active form template. To publish the active template, publish it to a different location."

Surely if I publish the InfoPath somewhere else each time, Blackpearl isn't going to know where the new file is.

Can anyone advise me?

3 replies

Badge +3

I'm not an expert on this, but the way I make changes to the form is from BP designer click on the purple icon (Infopath integration). Select your form and click the design form button on the right of the toolbar in the wizard window. This will open infopath. Make your changes, save and close infopath.

Warning: I could be totally wrong about that being the way its done, but it worked for me

Badge +4

And it also worked for me. Wahoo!

Many thanks, worked a treat and I can now repair the dent in the wall that I made earlier. :o)

Badge +3
I would wait, there will be other dents