Authenticate users before approval - 21CFR Part 11 Compliance

• 2 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

Is there a way to force users to authenticate prior to approving a task for Nintex 365? We need this for the system to meet with 21CFR Part 11 Compliance.

There looks to be a way for the On-Prem SharePoint Version however it looks like the same option is not available for the 365 version.

Any help with this would be appriciated. 

3 replies

Badge +17

I'm slightly confused. Where are you surfacing their task they are having to approve?

When using SharePoint and Nitnex in O365, the user has to be logged in "Authenticated" in order to interact with the task and the SharePoint list. Are you doing something through an anonymous form?

Badge +17

I'm slightly confused. Where are you surfacing their task they are having to approve?

When using SharePoint and Nitnex in O365, the user has to be logged in "Authenticated" in order to interact with the task and the SharePoint list. Are you doing something through an anonymous form?

They have a requirement to be prompted for Authentication to verify that the user approving the task is the user at the point of approval. Personally I agree with yourself where they user is already authenticated if they even get to the task however that isn't enough to satisfy the requirement.

They do have something similar working for the On Premises version of Nintex, which is a WSP Solution file that adds additional options to Nintex tasks as described here:
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/21CFR-Part-11-Compliance-re-authenticates-user-in-order-to/td-p/50991

But there is no equivalent for Nintex 365SharePoint Online