Attachment pass through to assigned task?

• 31 December 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

We have a content syndication workflow we're building out that is currently utilizing two task lists. The first is the master where all the information is input such as the approver names, the attachment containing the content (pdf, jpg, .docx, etc), the project name and so on. The workflow generates a task for each approver to approve the content. The approvers cascade until all have approved the content. The tasks that are generated go into a separate task list.

The problem we're hitting is that the attachments that render on each approver's form are not pulling the attachments from the main task list. Is there a way to pull in those attachments? Or provide a link to the attachment in the email? I'd prefer the first solution if available.

5 replies

Badge +3

I have the same question and hope this is answered soon by Nintex! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Is your item on a list or a library?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello Fernando, it is a list, not a library. The document(s) are attachments on a list item. We were hoping that there could be bidirectional communication between the tasks and the list in terms of the attachment since they communicate in pretty much every other way and can read and write other fields in each other.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Possibly this post can help you? https://community.nintex.com/message/50155-re-copy-attachment-from-list-item-to-document-library

Anyway, I'm pinging to find out whether you solved the issue with the help found in the Community or by yourself? If by yourself - can you share your solution? Can you mark any from the answers as "Correct"?
Regards,
Tomasz
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I have seen this blog post, I actually followed/used it for this blog post: Office 365 Attachments Open in Online Apps . I was actually just thinking about this today though, that I might be able to leverage this to solve this issue as well. I haven't tested/tried it, but it seems to me as though it could work. To fully answer your question, I did not solve this issue and ended up going a different direction for this process, hence why I didn't exactly mark it as "solved." But maybe I'll spend some time on trying this new thing this week.