cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Assign task to the User Group based on the value selected in the look-up field.

Jump to solution

Environment - Office 365 using Nintex form App and workflow App.

How can I Assign Task to the User Group based on the Value selected in the Form by the submitter? e.g let say I have a Choice Menu in the form with Group A, Group B, Group C options, form Submitter select Group B in the form and Submit, I want that form to go to Group B users for Approval.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Assign task to the User Group based on the value selected in the look-up field.

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can assign the task to the Group by selecting the choice field for the Participant field.

You need to make sure that the Group with the same name exist in your Sharepoint Site.

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Assign task to the User Group based on the value selected in the look-up field.

Jump to solution

Hi sal,

For that You need to use this action "Start a task process" instead of using "Assign the task"..

Just follow these steps it may be somewat helpful for u..

• In your scenario based on the runtime selection "Group Name(A,B,C)" workflow will driven right..
    • For that u need to save the runtime selection Group Name value in each item level..
    • Then Based on that using lookup option get current item value set it the participant box

If you don't understand the above the steps reply me i share the screenshots..

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you Arun, Can you share screenshots, I see both Start Task and Assign Task have same options.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have tried both scenarios with Assign a Task and Start a task process.

The result is the same: 1 task created in the Task list and an email sent to all members of the SharePoint Group.

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Christophe, see the screenshots below, no matter what value I specify in the lookup in the third screenshot, It assign the task to me by default. not sure why, I'm using lookup option in the participants section, and I can't assign user Group Name after I select lookup options.

TaskAssign1.pngTaskAssign2.PNGTaskAssign3.PNG

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi,

The differences I see is that I select my Group column in the Current item (not with lookup in another list) and I have defined a SharePoint Group with the same name in the Settings of my site.

My group column contains Group A, Group B, Group C

In my Site Settings, under Group, I have defined Group A, Group B, Group C. In my case Group A contains 2 members and in this case it works.

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, I want to assign the form to the User Group based on the lookup values in the form selected by the submitter.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I tested out what I understood what you were doing, I was able to assign the task to the group like that, I created column with People User Group, and in the workflow added the GroupNames equal to the group I wanted to assign the task and it work when I select that group in the form, if I select other group it just show me the Task Suspend in history otherwise if I select that group name (DeveloperSite Members) it just say task assign to that group But again I need to figure out How can I achieve this with the lookup values.

assign task 1.pngassign task 2.PNG

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Sal,

Both Actions Are difference..

• Using "start a Task Action" assign a task for single user...
  • Using "Start a Task Process" you are assign a task to SharePoint Groups users
    • In this action can include some more actions while comparing with  "start a Task Action"..
    • In these Action We have the following actions
      • Task can be Assign Either one by one or Parallel
      • You can able to set Task actions like
        • Only one approve can approve in this group
        • Either In that group all can approve
        • Or you can say in certain percentage people can approve
  • Bcoz of that only your workflow goes to suspended stage..so Use Start a Task Process action you almost done change the action alone

Note:

start a Task Action it will show the sharepoint group name but it not assign the task..