Solved

Assign Task Doesn't Send Email

• 9 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I am using Nintex Workflow Office 365 and trying to use "Assign a Task." I'm used to Flexi-Task from Nintex 2010 on prem. This is how we do approvals. I can see that the action ran and created a task for me however I did not get an email. I have the Delivery Method set to Email with Actionable Message and I'm just using the default email. What am I doing wrong? (We just recently migrated to O365 so while not at all new to Nintex, very new to Nintex O365.) Thanks.

icon

Best answer by swcabc 11 March 2020, 18:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

The Help files advise that the Assign a Task action uses Nintex's external mail provider. Make sure this is not blocked by your exchange.
https://help.nintex.com/en-US/Office365/Designer/Actions/AssignAtask.htm?cshid=1011
Badge +2

@SimonMuntz Thank you. I'm not an exchange admin. Do I ask them to make sure this is not blocked: 

Nintex leverages SendGrid to send external emails and workflow notifications. The IP addresses used by SendGrid are:

• ip4: 149.72.205.150

• ip4: 149.72.211.139

I didn't see anyting else on that page. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Yes you need to make sure that these IP's are not blocked and also check your junk folder in case they went there.
Badge +2

Turns out that when I took the Created By out of the "Send from" field with Lazy Approval turned on, it worked and sent the email. I'm not sure why the send from wouldn't work but I'm good with this for now.