Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rinu
Nintex Newbie

Adding action rule in nintex form

Jump to solution

Hi,

In InfoPath I used to work with action rule to set field values. I started working with Nintex forms and I can only see Formatting and validation rules. is it a separate function in nintex. I am using trial version and I would think it is a full version and not standard.

is this feature available in nintex ?, if so can some one guide me ?

Regards

Kannan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
janvonreith
Nintex Newbie

Re: Adding action rule in nintex form

Jump to solution

What exactly are you trying to achieve? There are no action rules in Nintex Forms but I think there are probably alternative ways to implement the functionality you like to have ;-)

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi Kannan Ahammed‌ - 

Are you saying, for example, "If field txtAnimal is equal to Horse, then set field txtAnimalClass to Mammal; if field txtAnimal is equal to Frog then set field txtAnimalClass to Amphibian"?

You can do this by creating a rule on the txtAnimalClass to say "if txtAnimal is Horse, then mammal". 

I am sure there are other ways to do this, let me know if this is on the right path though.

Cheers,

Rhia

rinu
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Rhina,

Assuming txtanimal class is a field in the list , and in nintex forms there are two rules for a field formatting and validation. Which one should I chose ? I thought formatting is for formatting the text and validation is for validating the text ? 

Regards

kannan

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hello,

The most robust way of setting of field values is done by way of Javascript at the moment.  There was word that some sort of 'rules' like mechanism would be introduced in the product that would allow for the 'automated' setting of fields but it has yet to be fully introduced.   

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
rinu
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

With java script ? Can you show me an example ? Or tutorial?

regards 

kannan

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Here is what you'll need:  

That'll give you an idea of how to go about it, read the comments in that doc also as they have some examples.   I'd recommend being familiar with Javascript first though otherwise it can be a bit much.

Thanks,

Mike

rinu
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks Mike. I will look into it.

0 Kudos
marnita
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Has there been any more word if Nintex will be adding this functionality?

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

It has been under review for nearly a year now. It would be helpful if you could add your feedback to help push this along..

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/218293-4-nintex-forms-for-office-365/suggestions/7690713-set-fie...