Solved

tips for maximizing space, add most controls in Nintex Form 365?

• 3 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Some of our users are saying that the form is difficult to use because the fields / controls are spread out, a lot of space between them, and they have to scroll down a long way to see all the data on the form.

Anyone have any top tips for maximizing the available space? This is for New Responsive Designer.

Here are a few things I already did to get more controls into each row:

• In Styles, applied a different font (Arial) and reduced font size from 14 to 12.
  • switched the checkbox controls to toggles.
    Toggles allow you to pick how the text should align, either vertical or horizontal. Vertical puts the text label on top, rather than on the side. Then I was able to add more controls per row.  The Nintex designer would not let me add more than 6 controls per row, and in some cases it would told me there was not enough room for certain combinations, so I had to swap a few controls around to allow the fit.

Any other option?  Is there a way to insert a table control?

icon

Best answer by nico 4 August 2021, 08:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

One thing I thought of is - instead of having a separate lables for each input control, you can use "Title" property of the control.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
- You can also add pages to your forms. And move some controls in page 1, other in page 2 etc.... your form will be smaller

- You can add "Group" control, and add your controls in this group. In the setting of the groupe enable "show header" and check "collapsible", so with that you can have an accordion effect, and you user will be able to "hide/unhide" controls in that group. And so, you forms will be smaller
Badge +8
Thanks. I was aware of pages, but our users usually prefer a single page. I will use them if they want.

I was not aware the groups were collapsible. That might be something they will like!