Solved

substring-after

• 18 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I have a series of Drop Down lists linked to another SharePoint List. The select of the "2. Select Sub-Program" is then required to hide or display other panels. The issue I have is that the actual returned value e.g. 6;#Communication (Stakeholder) is not what is displayed in the list. I tried by using substring BUT becuase the prefix value is comes 1 chr (6;#) and then in other cases "14;#" I cannot return the value I need.

Is there any formula similar to substring after that will allow me to return the values after the #/

Example

icon

Best answer by shaunlub 20 August 2018, 05:16

View original

3 replies

Badge +11

When refering to the pull-down control in a Calculated Value control use the parseLookup function - which will remove the ID No, semi-colon and hash-mark.This will give you a value to use as a filter, and/or to save out into SharePoint.

e.g. parseLookup(PulldownValue)

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Michael Campbell‌,

Shaun Junor-Oiwa‌ is correct. The parselookup function allows you to get either just the text or the ID of the field. Below is the usage from the help available here.

parseLookup

Returns the text component of the list item in the lookup control if condition evaluates to TRUE. If FALSE, returns the ID of the list item in the lookup control.

Cheers,

Euan

Badge +5

Thank you so much....you have saved me hours of frustration!