Not applicable

start workflow action

Jump to solution

Hi NINTEX experts,

I have 2 workflow, where am calling child work flow from the parent workflow, but I got strange issue, lets say I have 6 actions in the parent workflow then in the 7th action am calling the child workflow, but here its start the child workflow without finish all step.

before in 2010 version we solved this issue by using "Wait for the workflow to complete before continuing" option, but in 365 version there is no option like this, can you tell me how we can do it in 365 version?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tbeduneau
Novice

Re: start workflow action

Jump to solution

Do you want your parent worklfow to wait for child workflow to finish before continuing ?

If so, yes, the "start workflow action" will ask the child WKF to start but will then continue even if child WKF not finished.

If you want to wait for the child WKF, you should put a "wait for item update" and modify your child WKF to make it update an item just  before ending. The the parent WKF will be asked to go on.

Another solution, if you're OK to wait, is to add a "wait for 10 minutes", for example, if your child WKF should end within 10 min.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

We can use conditional option on workflow settings. Please follow the below picture for reference.

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek

Jump to solution

In O365 there is not "conditional start". Even after 1.5 year

‌ did Thomas answer help you?

Regards,

Tomasz

TomaszPoszytek

Jump to solution

You can also put all actions of the second workflow in the "Run If" block or use "Filter" action at the start of the workflow. Both to check if the specific conditions are met.

Regards,

Tomasz