Solved

'simple' o365 Form rules

• 6 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm testing out a data entry form and trying to put in a few simple rules to ensure that the appropriate fields are filled in prior to the user moving foward.  

I have a check box "Initial Review Complete" that I've attached 3 validation rules.  If any of the rules faile, the check box should be disabled (would prefer to un-check the box if marked but thats another topic!)  I can't get any of the 3 to work as intended (testing one at a time). 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I tried to follow the syntax found online for these rules, but I cant get the drop-down or text field to work right, and I couldnt find an example for the person field. 

All three rules are applied to the "Initial Review Complete" field.  When I enable them, they all disable the "Initial Review Complete" checkbox regardless of the values entered into the tested fields.

1) length(trim(mytextfield)) != 15

2) isNullOrEmpty(SPPersonField(Display Name))

3) SPDropDownField=='Please select a value...'

icon

Best answer by SimonMuntz 6 August 2019, 03:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi,

I just used the isNullOrEmpty() runtime function and it worked fine.

See attahced form.  The complete button will not enable until some text is in the text box, and an option is picked from the drop down choice control and a person picked from the people picker.

Thanks for the sample, I'll take a look at it today for sure!