send email based on status workflow

• 9 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

I am new to working with nintex workflows.  I would appreciate any insight on how I can build this out.  I have created  form that internal employees submit.  Once it is submitted the they get an email confirm that it got submitted and then the reviewer gets an email that a new item was added.  Now the problem that I am having is that once the reviewer goes in and changes the status of the form it doesn't send any notifications.  I can only get it to send when it gets created.  I also noticed that my workflow keeps unselecting Start when an item is changed from the workflow settings. 215206_pastedImage_1.png

That's what my form looks like when the reviewer goes and edits the item.  It is defaulted to In-Review for status.  Below is what my workflow looks like:

215216_pastedImage_2.png

I am using the state machine as it seemed like it would do that i needed to do.  Under In Review the state change i have it to move over to Approved and under Approved state change I have to to move to Adjudicated which is the last column.  But how can i add both Approved and Rejected under the same state and then have the workflow send the email based on the status choice.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 reply

Badge +11

Hi Jaime,

did you make sure your workflow goes to the correct state and into the correct "Run if" block upon status change by reviewer? You can add some Logging-Actions inside each If-Block to see which block is actually executed. Maybe you just got some typo inside your conditions (maybe try to switch your conditions to "equals (ignoring case)").

However, I think you could optimize your workflow structure. If I understand your workflow correctly you are always executing every state of your state machine. By using a switch action you could only execute the path that corresponds to the current form status which reduces the duration of your workflow and the performance impact.

Cheers

Philipp