format people field

• 24 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I've been in Nintex 2010 for two years and I'm slowly moving to Nintex for O365. When I have a People field in a form and have it set to align on the left. It is still showing right aligned. And I have it set to only allow one selection, but I still have space to add additional users. For 2010 this was never any issue and I must be missing a quick setting adjustment somewhere. Please help!

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Lauren,

This is strange. In my test, I applied left-align in the control settings toolbar (top of the designer). When working with the form in New/Display modes, the value was displayed left-aligned. Are you using custom CSS against <input> or any other elements on the form that may cause it to right-align?

Thank you,

Sean 

Badge +8

Inspect the People field in the browser using the Developer Tool (F12) to identify which CSS definition is overriding to display to right.

By default it is left aligned:

When more than one value is entered it does show error message too, again this is by default when Multiple selections is set to NO:

Can you check the form by adding a new People control and compare with the existing control? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Lauren Kolmer‌  - To confirm what Sean Fiene‌ is saying, I took a people picker control and selected the right alignment option to see if I could cause the result you are seeing. In my case, at run time that control remained left aligned anyway.  When you say, "have it set to align on the left", please confirm you referring to this:

My point is that it appears that the normal alignment setting does not impact the People Picker control anyway. So as Sean and Chaitra B C‌ mentioned, this is likely a CSS issue.

When you say, "I still have space to add additional users", are you referring to the width of the control?  It would be up to you to resize the control to whatever size you want.  But if you are wondering about why it seems to create a new line space under selected name, my guess is that issue is related to the right alignment.  Normally, the People Picker control only shows that behavior when it thinks there is not enough horizontal space for the next value (unfortunately, it does this even when "multiple selections" value = No).  

But in your case, your control is very wide and there is plenty of extra space on the same line.  Assuming the CSS issue is causing the right alignment and you fix that, I think the wrapping issue will go away too.  And you can reduce the width of your people picker control quite a lot (but not too small).

Badge +5

Hello

I dont see the setting multiple selection for people picker control. My people picker is always right aligned. Does any one eventhough I left align them.

‌ Can you comment on why Nintex Office 365 people picker always right aligns?