Solved

failed to publish form

I have an employee who has full control to a list, but only contribute to the overall site, when they try to publish the form they get an error “Failed to publish”.    I have tried on different computers and browsers and still get the same error. There are no workflows associated with this list its just a simple form but I can’t seem to get to the root of the error – any suggestions on what to try?

icon

Best answer by jpmhuls 6 June 2017, 17:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Jillian,

Can you save the form? And is the user a trusted/registered (SharePoint's central admin) Nintex designer?

KR.

Yes the user in question can save the form with no issues.  I can publish the form she previously saved with no issues (I have full control to the entire site, not just the one list).  If we give her full control to the entire site, she can also publish as well.  

It seems to indicate a permissions issue but I am not sure what else besides the list she is editing she would need full control to if no workflows are involved.  I can't give her full control to the whole site due to other security concerns.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Ok, I understand. May I assume you also have broken permission for the involved list? And that the user has Hierarchical permissions for the list Or would even that be too much permissions?

we have unique permissions on the list and that person has full control to the list.  The person with the issue is "Elizabeth Tate" in the attached picture

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Ah, but she also would need Design permissions and/or Contribute on site level in order to publish a Nintex Form using the Designer.

See also the following posts:

Considering your question is with regards to Nintex Forms for O365, I would suggest to check the first post's permission settings (it's from the update Form help). If that does not work, you still can have a go with the 2nd.

Hopefully one of them resolves your issue.

Kind regards.

She definitely has contribute to the site (she is also in the "ksysgroup members" group which has contribute on the main site as well) so I will try bumping it up to designer and see if that fixes the publishing error.  Thanks for the tip

As I mentioned in my previous reply she had contribute to the site already but I also added designer (so now her permissions are contribute and designer to the site.  Full control to the list)  and it has solved the problem

thank you for your assistance.