email Delays from 'Assign a Task'

Badge +1

Hi all,

(I'm new to Nintex O365, but have experience with Nintex on-prem)

The initial email from an 'Assign a Task' action takes over 15-20 mins to come through.  While emails from 'Send an Email' actions come through straight away.  Is this expected behaviour?

Cheers,

Warren

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi Warren,

The emails from the tasks can generally take a few minutes to come through, as the tasks need to be created first, but 15-20 minutes is unusually long.

Can I ask:

• Are you using LazyApproval in the task process?
  • When you use Send an Email, are you using internal, or external + attachments option?
  • Are there a lot of workflows running on the site at the same time or workflows that process a lot of data?
  • Does it always take this long, or different days/times have different delays on the email.

Thanks,

Callum

Badge +1

Hi Callum,

It was consistently 20 mins but now seems to have improved to 'a few' minutes which is a lot more acceptable. 

I logged a call with support and we set up an appointment to run through a screen-sharing session.  Of course the sample WF I set up worked perfectly and the original one started working as well!

If it is load-related, it certainly isn't from our end ... we are very light users.

Internal emails, no LazyApproval.

Thanks for taking the time to respond,

Warren

Badge +9

No problem,

If it was LazyApproval as well, then there is additional work to be done by that system which could have contributed to the slow down. Given it is internal email, we would generally expect this slow down to be caused by load on the SPO workflow service, or the SPO tenant.

One last check you could do, if you check the created date of the task in SharePoint, and compare against the time the email was received, this might help narrow down where the time is going. If there is a big delta it could also be the process of SPO sending the email or your own server receiving it?

Callum