XML data from repeating section that can be pulled/view in the edit form of Flexi task

Hello!

I am new to Nintex workflow and form (3 weeks in) so I am learning everyday something cool to apply.

I'm working on a multi level approval WF (4 levels). Each level has a specific section to update (using edit form/Flexi task) as well as reviewing the previously entered information. Each approver has also the possibility to reject the form to previous approval step(s) (see attached WF overview).

I have multiple different repeating sections throughout the process and I need to find a way to get the XML data retrievable so we can view it in other steps of the process and in the final version of the completed form.

The query XLM and creation of variable to store HTML data is ok. Where I am stuck is how to proceed after that. I found different options online like (XML Query, for each, collection, log history) or (Loop, Math operation for index incrementation, collection, create list), but It doesn't work for me and i don't understand how my data will be retrievable to display in edit forms.

17763iDF5BA7C0B3BD78D7.png

What would be the steps in my WF to be able to retrieve the data from my XML query so they can be display in a form for review?

Thank you in advance for your help!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Cynthia1977007 Try reading this blog, there is an example workflow here on working with repeating data section as well(http://workflowexcellence.com/nintex-workflow-parsing-nintex-forms-repeating-section-in-office-365/).

Thank you for sharing the post, but this post is more focus on how to figure out the outcomes of the Query XML, which I don't have issues with. Vadim also mentions using a For Each and a Collection Operation action afterwards, but no real details on each operation.  once the collection operation completed, how will the data be made available?

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Cynthia1977007  The blog is currently missing  a few screenshots, I would suggest having a look at the sample workflow/form it should help with how it to work with the data.

So I figured it out...

I do not need any XML query to transfer data from repeating sections from one edit form to another edit form throughout the approval process. As long as in each of the edit form I connect the repeating section to the correct XML (multi line), the data will move along correctly. Even with a repeating section within a repeating section. if repeating section within repeating section, each repeating section needs to have their own XML. I guess I was missing some basic understanding.....

I also noticed that data will not transfer from an edit form to next edit form if the section is not visible. it is better to hide a section so the data is not lost during transfer.