Solved

Workflow starts unwanted on item created

• 21 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +8

Hallo I have to workflows on a document library,

one is configured to start "on item created", the second has no start option selected, because the user triggers the start manually with an button click.

So if I add an document, I receive an error because both workflows started on the item created event.

Configuration for workflow one

183046_pastedImage_1.png

configuration for workflow 2

183050_pastedImage_2.png

after I added an document

183051_pastedImage_3.png

Message was edited by: Oliver Lampl

Added an detail to the title

icon

Best answer by olampl11 22 April 2016, 07:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Oliver Lampl

if workflow number 2 have no conditional start and its "Magically" started, then i would recommend the following :

- on the document library click on the "workflow settings" .. this is on the main ribbon

- that should display the  SharePoint page of workflow settings for this Doc. Lib.

- it will be ideal in your situation to "Remove" all the instance on this Doc. Lib for these 2 workflows and start fresh. Is that possible?  .. Or just "Remove" the WF instance that you think they should not be there in the first place.

- Once you do that ... then try your test again.

The other scenario i'm thinking of is, would it be possible that the Workflow #2 is using a Content Type, and the Content Type  is associated with a Template workflow that have conditional start?

Hope that help.

Thanks

Majid

Badge +8

Hello Majid,

thank you for your replay, it is possible that your tips are related to Nintex Workflow on Premise?

For me it looks like

SharePoint online doesn't exists a versioning for workflows, even it isn't possible to configure an conditional start.

I recreated the hole DocLib (with one Content Type), but the problem still remains.

In the meanwhile I contacted the Nintex Support

br oli

Badge +8

Nintex support answer quick, and gave me the answer.

Here the answer:

Thank you for your e-mail.

This is a known bug in Nintex Workflow for O365.

Nintex Workflow for O365 allows you to untick all the start options which is a bug because you have to have at
least one start option.

If you try to do this in SharePoint
Designer you will get an error when you try to publish stating that you need to have at least one start option.

If you untick all start options and have another workflow start the workflow with not start options will also start.

The workaround is to tick the Manual start option on the workflow and re-publish.

Please let us know if you have any
questions.

Kind Regards