Workflow got suspended when Initiator of request has left the organization.

• 11 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

The initiator has left the organization and workflow is getting suspended with below error message. I have written some logic to get the task list data and there it seems to be breaking. What is the best way to handle this case. Since the employees can leave the organization and again the workflow will fail.

9435i42D668360D8BAD81.png

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@IshaqueAdoni Is it a long running workflow? You could potentially have the actions run at elevated permissions using an action set(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/Office365/Designer/Actions/ActionSet.htm).

Badge +1
Yes it is a long running workflow. I will add the action set for elevated privilege. However is there a way I can resume the suspended workflow. I tried but it is again going in suspended mode. the last option I have to end the workflow and re run it again. but in that case the initiator name would be updated.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@IshaqueAdoni I'm not sure you will be able to resume, you could try re-adding the user and see if that works but is unlikely. You could potentially make a couple changes to the workflow so you can reference the previous initiator before you rerun for that instance.