Solved

Workflow got suspended only for new user

I dont know why from all the user exist, only new user got suspend when the request for expense request. Their data also have already in master data, workflow can not get the manager name from the user. I don't know where is the problem. Can somebody help me?

RequestorId: e212d4d5-7326-d6de-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ArgumentException: AssignedTo at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity Throw If Sequence NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_34ba3517_fe61_4962_98b8_fcddb8d6bdd3 Start a task process to selected Manager No Total Settlement >500.000 No check position == manager ? No requestor = Mr Wichard / Mr Chong Moon Yes Check Currency == IDR ? Sequence Run If form status = in progress Sequence Flowchart Expense Request.WorkflowXaml_603a8008_281d_4ff8_91de_e5285c27219e

23680i9EC68B7D2166CE1C.png

icon

Best answer by Garrett 21 June 2022, 09:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @chrirene 

The workflow gets suspended because there is no Participant defined in the Assign Task

If you are using a Variable to define the Participant, the variable value is likely to be blank ("")

Enter your Variable in the Log Action. Place the Log before the Assign Task to verify the value.

If you have a Manager column in the SPO List (and the Assign Task picks the Participant value from this column), you can manual insert the Manager's Name and then resume the suspended Workflow

If the Manager's Name only exist as a Variable... you wouldn't be able to resume the Workflow.

The root cause of your issue is that the Manager for the new User has not been define in the AD/Azure Domain, as such it returns a -blank- value which is enter as the Participant in the Task Assign and causing the Workflow to suspend.

Hi @Garrett thanks for the reply. But in this workflow, it's already defined the participant with variable manager.

and also here's the workflow I use to get the manager name. 

It's all fine with the old user when they request for expense request, the workflow runs well. But I don't get why the only issue is from a new user.

it supposed to be like this

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@chrirene 

You are retrieving the Manager value from another list called USER. OK

You query the List USER to return Approver when the User is Equals to %requestor%.

What is the value of variable %requestor%. How is this different from - workflow context Initiator?

1. You should verify the value of %Manager% using the Log. however you are very confident that it returns the correct value, right. OK

2. Is there any typo (or extra space) in the User's name on the USER List? This could result in the value of %Manager% being blank.