Workflow getting suspended after flexi task approval

• 28 February 2019
  • 5 replies

We are facing issue with o365 workflow where in production system workflow are getting suspended after flexi task is assign to approver and after approval it is getting stuck.

Please let us know how to fix this error.

Below is the error we are getting.

RequestorId: 3ffc9e50-1f9f-85ca-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at Microsoft.Activities.Expressions.ParseNumber`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity ParseNumber<Double> IsEqualNumber<Double> If If Sequence NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_a002d968_0889_4d8c_b705_00c13e50ffcd Sequence PickBranch Pick If If Sequence While Wait for Task Sequence SingleTask_CreateListItemCancellationScope Sequence Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.Activities.OperatingWebContextScope NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_f6a19ad8_fae9_46e2_88bb_539a99b9e906 Sequence DynamicActivity<Boolean> Sequence If Serial Tasks If Sequence NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_34ba3517_fe61_4962_98b8_fcddb8d6bdd3 Assign Flexi task Yes Set a condition Sequence Updated Approval Step Sequence Step 6 - Regional Operational Approver Sequence If If If If If If If While State machine Sequence Flowchart Capex - SC.WorkflowXaml_0a7cf022_63d9_48cd_89b6_14254cbbe2ee

5 replies

Badge +7

Somewhere a long the line you have a mis-assigned variable. Looks like your trying to update a column or set a varibale that is a Double with a string.  I have seen this happen if your SharePoint column in currency and your trying to update or create an item with the wrong data type. Does this sound familair to something that could be going on?

I am not updating any column as per my workflow design . error is occuring once flexi task is assigned and requested user update the request and then it throws an error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

Are you surethis is related to the flexi task action itself? Have you tried adding "Log to history" actions before and after the action, so that you are sure the task is completed and one of its branch picked up?

I understand this error as below.

First, the reason:

@rahulbarua wrote:

An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. 

It says, that workflow the input Nintex is trying to process is in other format than expected. Now reading further:

@rahulbarua wrote:

at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at Microsoft.Activities.Expressions.ParseNumber`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity ParseNumber<Double> IsEqualNumber<Double>

The error is related to the variable, that is used and evaluated as a numeric one. I suspect it should be a number, but is a string or in incorrect format. Now further:

@rahulbarua wrote:

If If Sequence NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_a002d968_0889_4d8c_b705_00c13e50ffcd Sequence PickBranch Pick If If Sequence While Wait for Task Sequence SingleTask_CreateListItemCancellationScope Sequence Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowServices.Activities.OperatingWebContextScope NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_f6a19ad8_fae9_46e2_88bb_539a99b9e906 Sequence DynamicActivity<Boolean> Sequence If Serial Tasks If Sequence NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_34ba3517_fe61_4962_98b8_fcddb8d6bdd3 Assign Flexi task Yes Set a condition Sequence Updated Approval Step Sequence Step 6 - Regional Operational Approver Sequence If If If If If If If While State machine Sequence Flowchart Capex - SC.WorkflowXaml_0a7cf022_63d9_48cd_89b6_14254cbbe2ee

I think that after the Task action you have a Conditional Step that you are trying to check against the outcome of the approval and this is where your workflow fails.

Nevertheless I suggest to put "log to history" actions around the task action. Check outcomes etc... If this doesn't work and you are sure this is task that is a problem, try to remove the old action and create it again, from a scratch.

Regards,

Tomasz

Thanks for you incite on this . i will try adding log around the flexi task

One more thing i found which reassigning task of currently running workflow in sharepoint task list workflow was getting suspended with same error.

Badge

I am receieving the same error when task got escalated to a person. All Tasks got escalated succesfuly to that person but the workflow got supsended. I am using "Start a Task Process".