Solved

Workflow for when an item is modified is NOT starting

• 24 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

I am developing a workflow that I have set to start only when an item is modified and a "Approval Status" column equals "Send for Approval". However, this workflow will not start. I have allowed workflows to use app permissions on the site itself and have used both a "save" and a "save and submit" button on the form. Am I missing something? Any help is welcomed and thanks in advanced!

icon

Best answer by andrewg 25 April 2019, 18:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is the Approval Status column a custom column, what is the type?

Also, can you please share a screen shot of your start conditions screen?

Badge +7

The Approval Status column is simply a choice column with 3 values: In Progress, Send for Approval and Completed. Below is a screenshot of the start conditions screen. Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I'm interesting in a few other questions i'll ask later, but try this first. Remove the condition, leave start on modify. Use the Filter action in the workflow, or a condition, but set to stop the workflow if not Send for Approval.

Does the workflow run and act accordingly?

Badge +7

No it does not. I've removed the conditional start on the "When Item is modified" option and have added a filter for when Approval Status = Send for Approval (screenshots below). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Can I recommend that you create a second collumn and call it My Approval Status to test? Because there is an Approval Status column in every list by default. So let's make sure you are not selecting the wrong column.

Badge +7
Turns out the issue was me referencing the wrong column... SMH. Thanks for your help!