Solved

Workflow Suspended. An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ArgumentException: AssignedTo

• 23 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

Hi All,

I have developing a State machine workflow in SharePoint Online, where account manager fills up the form, approved/rejected by the site program manager and eventually approved/rejected by Project manager.

Background:

It was previously done by previous partner and we are enhancing the workflow from sequential workflow to state machine.

There are SharePoint Groups settings that applied from previous system.

Account Manager

Site Program Manager

Project Manager

These are the Site program manager and Project Manager list settings for the list.

These the EXACT settings from previous system.  

Challenge:

When account managers fills in a form, he / she picks site program manager and project manager as shown:

and

After few minutes, I got the following error:

RequestorId: baef55fc-bd41-2367-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ArgumentException: AssignedTo at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity Throw If Sequence NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_34ba3517_fe61_4962_98b8_fcddb8d6bdd3 Start a task process - Ask SPM Sequence If While State Machine Sequence Flowchart TEST Request Approval - State Machine.WorkflowXaml_bab44579_fb56_4011_86c2_bcf5dff60807

I have almost spent a full day to troubleshoot and most the solutons were for SharePoint On-Premises but could not find the solution for SharePoint Online.

I need suggestions from experts.
Any advice would be highly beneficial.

Rhia WieclawekTomasz PoszytekMike Matsako

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 23 February 2017, 12:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

These roles are then assigned to a task, right? Can you paste an image of how you indicate who is assigned to a task?

What kind of action are you using? start a task process process or assign a task?

Badge +8

Hi Sandy S‌,

Did you try entering a User Name (a user who is a member of the respective SP Groups) instead of Group name in the Nintex form for the Site Program Manager and Project Manager field values?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Also - do you add one group per time or do you concat many groups in "Assigned To"?

Badge +9

Thanks Tomasz Poszytek‌ and Chaitra B C

Thanks a ton for pointing out the assignment part. I am assigning “Site Program Manager” user and “Project Manager” user in the SharePoint User Group.

I was using a wrong column for the Project manager in the Site Program Manager task approval as shown. It should to be Project Manager (Part 2).

Now, I can see all the tasks for Site Program Manager, Project Manager and Submitter Review (Account Manager)

Thanks again ‌. 
Thanks  for your pointers!!