Workflow Suspended - Access denied

• 16 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have a workflow that is being suspended randomly for certain group.

As per error message, the problem seems to be in permissions although the users of this group (Purchasing Team)have Contribute permission for this list.

By saying randomly, I mean this happens when a task is sent to the group (Purchasing Team) and they do not reply in same day.

This is really confusing me because if they complete task within short time, the workflow proceed smoothly while if they reply after say 2 days , the workflow suspend giving the below message.

I tried many steps related to permissions as advised within this forum, and even tried adding the task to action set with elevated permission but still no hope.

Any idea how to sort this out ?

Error message:

RequestorId: 2a5bcb96-d14b-bdf9-0000-000000000000. Details: Exception was thrown while executing workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidOperationException: The activity 'SingleTask_CreateListItemCancellationScope' with ID 2169 threw or propagated an exception while being canceled. ---> System.ApplicationException: HTTP 403 {"error":{"code":"-2147024891, System.UnauthorizedAccessException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource."}}} {"Transfer-Encoding":["chunked"],"X-SharePointHealthScore":["0"],"X-MSDAVEXT_Error":["917656; Access+denied.+Before+opening+files+in+this+location%2c+you+must+first+browse+to+the+web+site+and+select+the+option+to+login+automatically."],"X-SP-SERVERSTATE":["ReadOnly=0"],"DATASERVICEVERSION":["3.0"],"SPClientServiceRequestDuration":["6091"],"SPRequestDuration":["6213"],"SPRequestGuid":["2a5bcb96-d14b-bdf9-b768-74d68e464d3d"],"request-id":["2a5bcb96-d14b-bdf9-b768-74d68e464d3d"],"MS-CV":["lstbKkvR+b23aHTWjkZNPQ.0"],"Strict-Transport-Security":["max-age=31536000"],"X-FRAME-OPTIONS":["SAMEORIGIN"],"MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices"...

7 replies

Badge +7

Just as a test, can you send it to an individual in the purchasing team to see if the same thing happens? Have you tried to replace the action? I am assuming the Purchasing Group is a SharePoint Group? Are you using Lazy Approval? 

Badge +4

Hi Ben,

Yes the group is a SharePoint Group and I disabled Lazy Approval to make sure it is not the cause of this issue. 

I will try deleting the task action and recreate it again as per your suggestion and will test it on only 1 member of this group.

Thank you

Badge +9

Hi Hassan,

Are you using Assign a Task or Start a Task Process for this task? Also if Start a Task, what is the assignment process (parallel/serial?)

Who is initiating the workflow when it fails? 

Thanks,

Callum

Badge +4

It is a Task Process with Parallel assignment behavior (wait for first response).

The Workflow is initiated when a new item is created by a member of Sales Team, then a task is assigned to Purchasing Team to send quotation.

Badge +7

Did you try the step with setting it to a user and not a group to see if the issue is with the group? Also just a thought, put the action in an app step with elevated permissions to make sure there isn't anything going on permissions.

Badge +4

Hey Ben,

Lately the workflow are processing normally without suspension, although I couldn't apply your suggestion about assigning task to single user due to the huge load of daily tasks and this would break many related processes since the "Purchasing Team" group itself is dynamic and naming ta single user directly is applicable for few tasks only.

Your thought about elevated permissions is something I already did as mentioned in original post and not sure if this is what helped tackling this issue.

Will keep this post updated in case the issue arises again.

Thank you for the support.

Badge +11

Hi Hassan Dhainy

Please check with Nintex support as i faced a similar issue with my workflows. It was random and the workflows got suspended. There was an outage for workflow manager and microsoft worked on it. It MAY or MAY NOT be related to it. This was going on for about 2 weeks. As you said, the workflows got suspended if the tasks were not completed within the same day.