Solved

Workflow Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource

• 14 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a travel request workflow in O365, which locks the permissions down after the form is submitted. It gives read rights to the user who created the request, then sets edit permissions for the managers who will approve it. If an amendment is required, the permissions are updated to allow the creator to edit the record again. After locking down the record for read rights, I use the Office 365 update items action to set metadata using an elevated account. However, there is no such equivalent for the Set Workflow Status action, so this action causes the access denied issue. Workflows will create a Hyperlink field with the name of the workflow. I am not sure whether or not there is still a supported way to update the workflow field using this Office 365 update items action.

icon

Best answer by alan_coulter 18 January 2021, 05:06

View original

1 reply

Never mind, I fixed it by finding all update instances (including set field) and wrapping them in an Action Set that was configured with elevated privileges.