Why does the Exchange Create Calendar Item provide me with the wrong time (zone?) in my Calendar.

Badge +6

Good day fellow Nintexers.  I'm working out a Time-Off Request solution and running into an issue with the Exchange Create Calendar Item action.  What ever time I use in my list (through a Nintex form) gets published to my Resource Calendar as 4 hours ahead.  I don't know if its a glitch in the action or a time zone problem.  My Outlook settings are in Eastern Standard as is the HR site.  Any ideas??

3 replies

Badge +6

Thanks Frank but this appears to be for SP and EX on Prem.  Can you confirm?

Badge +6

I'm still struggling with this if anyone is following still. And I'm even more confused about whats going on now than before.

I have played with the Time Zone in the Nintex action, Time Zone in the calendar itself and the Time Zone for the master user writing to the calendars. In almost every case, the calendar entry is 4 hours ahead of my SP list.  Here is the odd thing, if I Choose Coordinated Universal Time as the Time Zone in the WF Action, it shows the correct time when I hover over the calendar entry.  However, when I click on the entry to open it, is still says 4 hours ahead.  The C.U.T. Time Zone is the only selection that makes this change happen. With any other selection the hover over time and in entry time is 4 hours.

Badge +6
Four years later and I am having the same problem! I changed time zone from UTC to Central time (UTC-5) but when it adds it to my calendars, it adds it five hours ahead. I reverted it to UTC for now so it will add with the correct times, even though it looks wrong to the user when they open it.