Solved

Why do my tasks vanish?!?

• 20 February 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +10

I have a workflow looking into a column (type people or group) and distributing a task to the people written into that column:

Sequence:

1. set variable

pogZusaetzlichePruefer = listlookup to a people or group column

2. log to history

Variable is set correctly, as can be seen in yellow box from the history

3. start task

is done correctly in the first place (workflow history after 10 seconds), but one task is deleted shortly after.

213406_pastedImage_1.png

What is going on here?!

200w.webp

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 21 February 2018, 17:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

you're not the only one - this behavior is a bug: Issue with tasks in Start a task process 

You can try to workaround it. Somehow, based on your case. In my situation I for example started assigning a task for each user separately. I always needed to assign task to a group of 2.

Anyway - I observe this behavior every time I have a "Start a task process" action with unchecked "Wait for tasks completion" option. Maybe you can check it so that the workflow will wait until completion criteria are met?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +10

OK, thanks - that explains it. Unfortunately I cannot use the "wait for task completion" option in my case. But I will keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks a lot for dissolving this issue.

Cheers

mai-kel

Badge +10

Another way to solve the problem - at least it did it in my case:

Reproducing the task configuration. Simply re-build the task config item (do not copy!).

I did so and deleted the original task item. Et voilá: everything was working, taks didn't vanish anymore.