Solved

Why do Nintex form filter controls in an alphabetical order

• 25 April 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hello everyone! First time asking a question about Nintex. I have a problem with the Nintex form generator. I have a long form with many rules and variables, but when I preview the form. It render all the controls (labels, dropdown lists, text boxes etc) in an alphabetical order, based on the label name. I have tried all kinds of distances and panel builds between the different questions, but nothing works well. I can’t get the grip on how the rendering of the form works.

icon

Best answer by tommy 24 October 2017, 09:22

View original

5 replies

Badge +8

Hey, does this behaves the same when previewed in New mode and on form publish as well?

Badge +3

Hi Chaitra B C

Yes it does. It doesn’t matter if I view in the preview or while I create a new item after publishing the nintex form. It will sort all of my controls alphabetical either way.

Thanks for the answer

Badge +8

is it possible to share the exported Nintex form?

Badge +3

I’m getting help from a college right now. He has contacted Nintex on my behalf. So I am going to see what they are saying about my issue. Their first thought was that it should not be happening. So I guess we will see.

But thanks for your help. I will be in touch.

Badge +3

Hello again. We have continued to work and didn’t find a solution other than decrease number of controls. The Form generator seems to work best with fewer controls. We had ALOT of controls over 130 of them. So yeah… that’s a bit too much. Keep it easy, short and clean worked best for us. We used multiple content types instead. But why it sorted the controls in alphabetic order in the first place? We still have no clue.