Solved

What part of my workflow is erroring?

• 3 August 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone,

I am using nintex in an office 365 environment.  I am working with a state machine.  At first I thought the workflow was erroring because I had added a "run if" command and a conditional branch command within a state of a state machine.  After removing the things I had thought were the cause I am still recieving the error.  All it should be doing is waiting for tasks to complete and then send emails.  It goes into a suspended status as soon as it tries to send an email.  The error code I am getting is:

RequestorId: 8c3b2a5b-c388-f407-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidCastException: String at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.CheckedRead(String propertyName, DynamicItem value) at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity GetDynamicValueProperty<String> FormatString NintexActivities.WorkflowXaml_8e03d64c_49b1_4845_a435_94f748f07d04 Sequence If If While State Machine Sequence Flowchart Change Workflow.WorkflowXaml_f1ecdccd_fb76_4183_a267_def11edbc6b1

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by callum 4 August 2017, 05:36

View original

2 replies

Badge +6
  • Some things I did before was setting up the statemachine newly and publish
  • Sometimes error trapping by just disabling an action and see what happens to the bare bone of your functionality.
  • Checking the proper values with writing Log statements to see if data is available in the proper format.
  • Sending the error to Nintex anyway as it's not really descriptive for a non coding solution :-)
Badge +9

Hi Andrew,

It is definitely failing inside the Send Email action, however I cannot see exactly why from this stack. Are you using Internal Email (O365) or External Email (Nintex) in the action configuration?

Somewhat related, there is a feature request here regarding error messages that you may want to comment or vote on if you have not already: Workflow Errors – Customer Feedback for Nintex. The error you are seeing here is from the Workflow Engine and these are not always very useful in unexpected situations such as yours.

Callum