Solved

'Wait for Event in List Item' starts even when the GUID doesn't match

Hi there!

I am using the 'Wait for Event in List Item' action in my Nintex Workflow and created a Workflow Variable with the GUID of the specific item to wait for a change. However, it seems that the 'Wait for Event in List Item' action starts every time an item is changed within that list. So it looks like it doesn't check the GUID.

212078_pastedImage_1.png

Is this a known issue?

icon

Best answer by cdsommerfield 15 January 2018, 15:09

View original

10 replies

Badge +8

Can you post a screenshot of the details of your action?

Sure, even though I don't think that is giving you any more information. I've updated my original post with the image.

Badge +9

Does you GUID variable change or is it always the same?

Badge +9

I ran a test and it's behaving the same way... either we're both doing it wrong somehow or it's a bug

Thanks for checking! I hope someone from Nintex can take a look at this as well

Badge +9

FYI. I submitted a bug report to Nintex. They said it may have been caused by a recent soft update and they will investigate it.

Badge +9

Here is the reply I received from Nintex. The action is actually working as intended. The GUID variable is an Output, not an input. It outputs the item that changes on the list.

Hello Chadd,

I have had a chance to do further investigation, and although your's and the community member's findings are accurate, this is also what the action is designed to do. According to the documentation, this action "Delays the workflow until the selected event occurs in the selected list. " with the options being to wait for item addition or change.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.nintex.com%2Fen-US%2FO365%2FDefault.htm%23cshid%3D1128&data=02%7C01%7Ccsommerfield%40cardinalsolutions.com%7C168cac1a28bf4ac0922108d55a330164%7C414efc3368fe4520802faea4401192d0%7C0%7C0%7C636514097470591207&sdata=zkujZ%2BV8DZ7sKfy%2BJpsfC50NiFKxjh8iR7%2F7iRdaLvU%3D&reserved=0

This action pauses the workflow until an item is either added or changed on the selected list. The GUID of the list item that was either added or changed is output. This action is actually an out-of-box SharePoint Designer action, and operates as expected. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for keeping me posted Chadd! Unfortunately not the way I was hoping the action is working, but that's just the way it is!

Badge +9

No problem! I know... bummer, if you want to post what you're trying to accomplish may we can find a different solution for you. GL!

I've created a work around that is doing what I am looking for, but thanks anyway! I've also just posted a new idea on the User Voice forum (Wait for change in specific List Item – Customer Feedback for Nintex), so maybe in the future there will be such an action