Variable with Lookup Function Prevent Saving

I am using New Responsive Designer and I have a variable with a lookup function that is looking in another list for a value: lookup("Staff List","Initials",[SharePoint Columns].[PSC Initials],"Credentials")

When I have a person in my "Staff List" with "initials" but do not have "Credentials" (the field is empty), the form does not want to save. When I click on the button "Save", nothing happens. I do not have any error message. It just does not want to save what I entered in the form.

If the variable with the lookup function return a value, the form saves with no problem.

I try to test what was returning when there is no "Credentials" with the function isNullOrEmpty(), but it does not work when there is no "Credentials". It is false if "Credental" has value.

What should I do so that my form saves value if the value from a lookup variable does not return a value?

Thanks,

James

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@JamesVulicevic How is the variable being used, is it part of a rule that is setting the value of a field?

@leighburke It is part of the rule. But even if I delete the rule and just have variable setup, The same issue. I cannot save it unless I remove the variable completely. This is only in case when lookup function is not returning a value.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@JamesVulicevic  I tried to replicate this and was unable to. I would suggest logging a case with the Support Team(support@nintex.com), they will be able to help investigate the issue further.

Thanks! I tried with another form and have the same problem. If the ID I am looking for is not in the list, there is no problem. But if the ID is in the lookup list and the column I am looking for is blank, I cannot save even if that variable is not in use at all.