Solved

Using Lookup function to set value of Short text field in New Responsive Form

• 7 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello All,

I am working on a form that uses a lookup field called "Country of Interest" connected to the sharepoint site. This field pulls in all of the countries connected to a different sharepoint list that are associated with their respective Directors. I am trying to use the lookup function to populate the name of the director once the country has been selected. Is my formula off? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

21200iF3DA081674677797.png

here is a screenshot of the formula 

icon

Best answer by plamping 7 January 2022, 17:37

View original

3 replies

Badge +8

We never could get the lookup() formula working reliably on a text control that referenced a list lookup / dropdown.

Instead, we created a second list lookup / dropdown and set the lookup / filter there and then connected that to a text column.  The only drawback was the user must take the action to select the 1 and only item in the dropdown (which we switched to a radio button), but our users adjusted to it.

See attached screenshots.

Badge +2

Thanks for the suggestion - sounds like you originally were doing a cascade? I think I'll follow this approach. Kind of seems silly that this function wouldn't work on a text field though. 

Badge +8
Right, a cascade. Yes, silly.