How to update a multiline text column with form lookup value data

• 12 August 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

I have a form with a lookup field on the form where the employees can select several product codes (often more than 256 characters long).

I am needing to store the values on the form to a multiline text box. I receive a error email AND then I receive a email with the values and some gibberish in it wink.png

*I attached the list template (there are 2 other lists for the cascading lookup on the form for product category and product codes, but I cannot share those) and the workflow file.

189451_pastedImage_1.png

189450_pastedImage_0.png

7 replies

Badge +16

Is there a reason you're not storing this data in the list itself with a lookup column?

Badge +6

I kind of am...I have 2 of these types of fields on the form. The first field (product category) I connect to a single line of text column and it works great.

This 2nd list lookup field that is filtered off the 1st lookup field need to be connected to a multiline text because it often contains more than 256 characters. However,  it only allows me to connect to a single line of text.

189462_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +16

I mean in the list itself create a column of type lookup to the list you need for both lookups. You can still filter second by first and you won't need to worry about them being "disconnected" on the form?

Badge +16

Hey

I have tried to explain what I mean in this blog post:

Dealing with Cascading Lookups in Nintex Forms

Badge +16

were you able to solve your problem Emily Spradlin​?

Badge +6

Yes, thank you. Your Dealing with Cascading Lookups in Nintex Forms post helped! I just cannot delete the old controls on the form until I edit/copy all the data into the new controls on the form happy.png

Badge +16

Excellent news happy.png