Solved

User Profile action failing. Workflow status show Started however, the details of the workflow shows "Invalid text value"

• 6 April 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Greetings,

Has anyone in the forum encounter this error and/or scenario? I am using the Office 265 Query User Profile action to lookup the form submitter's manager. The workflow would get stuck on this action. Workflow status shows Started and the detail is below:

Workflow Status

Suspend this workflow
Activity in progress

Retrying last request. Next attempt scheduled after 4/6/2017 1:16 PM. Details of last request: HTTP InternalServerError to https://<SharePoint Online URL/sites/ITHub/_api/web/lists(guid'e5b7e9a0-efa2-4841-ab79-8c27ef15d004')/Items Correlation Id: a1e31e38-5859-2b98-a03c-e3348bc2bead Instance Id: b779ca34-54b7-4938-8e05-56ce275c4860

Invalid text value.

A text field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again.
Retry now

_________

I was able to pin point the issue by add Log to History List action before and after every action within my workflow. The twist is that if I submitted the item, the workflow run through successfully. I used my credential within the Query User Profile action to perform the query. I went as far as having my counter-part add their credential for the action.

Any inputs or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 6 April 2017, 23:29

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What property value are you using in the action configuration to get the "Manager"? Maybe this is what you are doing wrong, I mean the property cannot be found in the user profile?

Can you show us the configuration of the action?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

hi Tomasz,

Below is the screenshot of the Query User Profile action. The individuals who are testing this list/workflow are my counter-part. We all report to the same manager. I have also confirmed that their O365 User Profile does indeed show our manager's name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Property name is correct. Are you sure that in "employee name" you have a valid email address?

Also I do see that you provided wrong SharePoint URL address: it should be without /sites/ITHub, only root.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Yes, the "employee name" is a people picker field and the action is configured to get the email address. 

I updated the SharePoint URL address to the root URL and it is running successfully now.

Do you know where I can get some documentation for Nintex O365 workflows with details or examples of what each field for each workflow action needs? An example of this would be for the above issue. SharePoint URL address to me should work even though I had used the site collection URL instead of the root URL. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I am not aware of anything more than help.nintex.com... But it doesn't provide really detailed examples...

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

Thanks for the info Tomasz.