Solved

Use one form in multiple site/lists

• 11 March 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +7

So the idea here it that I will have multiple lists in several sites/sub-sites and since these lists are all the same I would like to only edit a Nintex Forms once and apply to all lists.

It's the equivalent of using Content Type Hub for Content Types, and Nintex Workflow UDA, but I cannot see such equivalent in Nintex Forms for Office365.

Any idea? please share.

icon

Best answer by fhunth 13 March 2015, 20:41

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

So far you can export the form with new changes and import it an all other lists.

Badge +7

Thanks, sure I thought of that which means that if I have 50 project sites it's 50 import of that same form.

Just thought there would be a better way.

Badge +7

Hi Jeremy,

You are offering me to 1st design a "Nintex Form for that site content type" and not for a list or library.

Unless you are referring to a new feature I can see from experience that Nintex Forms for Office 365 (and on-prem actually) allows you to design only in a list or library, but please elaborate here.

Badge +7

Thought so.

This thread is about Office365, so don't add on-prem information here (otherwise Emily Billing​ may move it ;-)

Badge +7

definitely, I used it in 2013 before and it really good you mention that it "may be" on its way for Office 365. thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe use the Nintex REST API to import a form into a new location and then publish it?

http://help.nintex.com/en-us/sdks/sdko365/#FormSDK/Topics/NF_SC002_IND_API_R_Top.htm%3FTocPath%3DNintex%2520Office%25203… 

You can either try doing it using Nintex Workflow (however I doubt it is possible, as I was not able to solve it for importing workflows, because Nintex actions does not support binary data in the "Body"). But you can follow my steps for obtaining FedAuth and rtFa cookies (Working with security credentials (RequestDigest, FedAuth, rtFa)) and possibly try to call the API from Nintex Workflow Cloud or Microsoft Flow?

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

did any from the answers above help you in solving your issue?

If so, can you mark it as "Correct"?

Regards,

Tomasz