Surfacing of initial routing information for K2

• 30 October 2008
  • 0 replies

Badge

Hi
I’m having a problem conceptualizing how my K2 workflow will get information needed to make its immediate routing decisions as it starts. The scenario is this:

The user will be presented with a SharePoint page from which they will launch the application with the K2 Workflow. The user can come from either Department A or Department B and either user can perform a ‘Create Customer’ or ‘Amend Customer’ scenario.

I envisage the user experience being they click on a respective link in SharePoint and appropriate ASP.NET form opens for the Create or Amend scenario for that department.

The problem I’m having conceptualizing is the user action in SharePoint of selecting the appropriate scenario happens prior to the K2 workflow process being instantiated. Once instantiated an Activity say ‘Routing Step’ needs to know the department and scenario information in order to open the appropriate form.  This information seems to be ‘outside’ the scope of the workflow. So how will I surface this information in K2 so it is available to ‘Routing Step’?

If I use hidden fields on the SharePoint launch page how can I access their values within K2 to assign them process data fields? Is there a better method that using hidden fields as I’m suggesting?

Hope this makes sense – thanks in advance

Andrew

0 replies

Be the first to reply!