Solved

Update item permissions to external user

• 20 March 2019
  • 5 replies

I need to modify item permissions to break inheritants and give contribyte access to external user.  The user is on a Sharepoint group with read access in the site and list. 

When execute the workflow I received the following error: Failed to resolve user 'User@domanin.com'

How the Update items permission is not working , I have been tried this solution :  External sharing of documents with nintex in sharepoint online  But I received  the followign error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><m:error xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata"><m:code>-2147024891, System.UnauthorizedAccessException</m:code><m:message xml:lang="en-US">Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.</m:message></m:error>

The workflow is execute with collection admin .

icon

Best answer by allan 5 April 2019, 17:42

View original

5 replies

Badge +17

Are you adding the SP group for the item permission change or to the user directly?

I have not tested it, but if it cannot resolve the user, then there seems to be an AD permissions conflict for the user. Maybe try using the App Step to run that action or run with elevated permissions.

I tried to give access directly to the user and used elevated permissions

I don´t understand "App Step to run that action" What is it?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do it with Nintex actions. Using a external user will always get you the "Cannot resolve ..." error.

That's what the technical support said. Modifying the permissions of an item for external personnel must always be using groups.

What I do not know, is why they do not indicate this particularity in the documentation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Yeah well, there's a lot of documentation that is not accurate or missing information.
For example, the CSS control class on calculated values that are not taken into account (not a bug, it is designed that way), though the documentation says it works.