Update form from workflow query

• 17 January 2020
  • 1 reply

I am working on a solution for a client. In this solution, the users need to enter information into a Nintex form. After they enter data into a few fields, I need to use workflow to grab that data, query a SharePoint library and return other data back to the Nintex form (dynamically fill in form field values). Once this occurs, the user will then submit a form. I know how to query the list to grab the data but I am struggling with a way to pull data back to that same form before it is submitted. Anyone have any ideas?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Use Rule(s) that set(s) the value of the field(s) based on a variable that uses the new "lookup" function and leverages the Form values of the other field(s).

Syntax:

lookup(List Name, Filter Column Name, Filter Value, Output Column Name, Server Relative URL, Array Separator)

List Name - The name of the SharePoint list to retrieve data from.

Filter Column Name - The name of the column in the list you want to filter on.

Filter Value - The value used by the filter. Each item in the list is compared against this value, the first list item matched will be returned.

Output Column Name - The column in the list from which you want to retrieve data.

Server Relative URL (optional) - The URL to retrieve data from a list in another site in the site collection.

Array Separator (optional) - The separator with which to separate the elements in the array.

Example:

lookup("Invoices", "ID", 1045, "Title", "/sites/Sales/APAC"",")

This formula returns the value from the output column Title. If the value in the column Title is John, the formula returns the value, John.