Solved

Update O365 item not filtering correctly

• 12 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +10

I've got a workflow on a list that has a docgen action. I store that PDF in a different document library. I want two pieces of metadata from the original list to be applied to the second library. If I don't use a filter, the action works as expected and assigns the metadata to all documents. The problem is that I only want to look at the PDF that was just generated. I tried using the filter where "Title" equals the document name (using a variable), but it just always tells me that it can't find the item. I know that this is simple, but it is eluding me.

icon

Best answer by burked 12 March 2020, 03:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Have you tried filtering using the "Name" column with the File extension included? Default for the file name in a document library is the "Name" column as opposed to the title column for a List. Typically the title column in a doc library is blank unless explicitly set.

Badge +10

I had tried "Name" and that hadn't worked either. However, I did as you suggested and put the file extension at the end of the name and it worked just fine! Thanks so much!!