Update Multiple items in another list

• 17 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

Hi Community,

I have 2 forms.

1. Visitor Request Form
  2. Assessment Checklist that the Travel Coordinator works through with the Visitor to ensure they are aware of the site rules.

When the Assessment Checklist is submitted, the associated Visitor Request form is updated to 'Approved'. The travel coordinator has asked if the assessment survey can be used to approve multiple requests at the same time.  Therefore the Request Number on the assessment form will be a look-up column with ‘multiple select’ enabled.

When the assessment is completed, each individual travel form in the request form list is marked “Assessed” where the look-up column contains the particular request number.

Wondering how this could be achieved.

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I don't fully understand your criteria to update multiple items, but you could achieve this by creating a workflow that runs when a condition is met. For example, I have two lists for a legal process. One list (List A) contains a list of legal matters and there is a Status column with two choices: Open or Closed. In another list (List 😎, items are added and there is a lookup column to the list of matters so they can associate an item added with the matter.

When a matter is closed in List A, we want to update every item in List B associated with that matter.

When the workflow on List A runs when it meets the condition, you can use the Query List action to find all of the items in List B that the item in List A that was selected. Then use the For Each action to perform the update.

This video shows how the Query List action works: https://youtu.be/JB39KhwVzBc