Solved

Update 60~ fields value from item A to item B, what is the best approach?

Badge +3

I got a list with 80 column fields. Inside the list, I have 2 items, item A and item B. Item A and Item B are treat separately. But, on item B, if some condition meet (said "copy from A==true"),  then, I would like to copy 60 field data from item A to item B. What would be the best approach? By nintex form or nintex worflow? The performance might be a point to be consider since, eg. no one would like to have an update of the item with 60 web request... ...

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 13 July 2017, 09:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

Do you need to copy to an existing item, or can you create a new one? Are there any unique columns in that set?

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +3

It's another new item in the same list with 20 columns are difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Right. So there is an item A, that you want to  copy to create item B, which is going to have different values? So you want as well to work on the data from item A before using them to create item B? Is that correct?

Regards, Tomasz

Badge +3

Thank you for you help and sorry because my question may not be clear early, I did updated my question already, feel free to have a look. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In that case I would recommend you to use the "update item" action from Nintex Workflow. You can then bind every field from a source item with the destination, overwriting existing item.

Regards,

Tomasz