Unable to launch a Nintex Workflow in a subsite

Workflow fails to run automatically or manually. It happens only in one subsite in Sharepoint365.
Error Message: Something went wrong. To try again, reload the page and then start the workflow. Any suggestion?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @MochAlex 

Could you provide additional information to help narrow down the possible issues?

Has the workflow ran successfully previously?

What kind of of list (Document library, List, subsite) ?

How many items are on the list? over 5,000 items?

If you created another subsite, and imported the workflow, will the workflow run?

If you created a new workflow with 1 sendEmail, will it run?

any other useful information?

Hi Garret. Yes it works previously (yesterday). I have lot of Subsites, but today the workflow can not be launched in only 1 subsite, let says "Subsites A".

This subsite has more than 5 lists (I use Nintex Workflow). All the lists fail to launch the workflows. I've created very simple Nintex Workflow (notification email), and the workflow still can not be launched / run.

I'm quite sure if we make a new subsite, and reimport the workflows, it will run. But I think that's not the solution, because we have lot of running workflows in this subsite.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You should raise a ticket with Nintex Support.

Since the workflow was working previously and today it is not working.

Furthermore new workflow cannot launch/run from the Site/List

There isn't sufficient information to pinpoint where the fault occurs.

Did any changes occur to the site since yesterday?

Yes I've raised the ticket.
We just created new workflow or updated new action in the existing workflow like we did usually, but I think the issue has occurred earlier before.

Now I'm checking by creating sharepoint designer workflow (not nintex workflow). If I see the same error with both Nintex and SPD workflow, this indicates the issue is occurring at the SharePoint Workflow engine.