Trying to add a start form to Nintex workflow O365

• 8 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Has anyone had any experience adding a Nintex start form to their Nintex workflow, in Office 365? I'm relatively new to Nintex, and have found great articles for Office 2013, 2010, etc., but can't seem to navigate around creating a start form for my workflow. The library I am currently working with uses DocSets and I have the abililty to edit the new DocSet form, but I need it for the workflow start form. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Workflow Start forms in O365 are handled through variables in the workflow.

Create your workflow variable, check the Initiation box and then hit the edit icon next to that tick box to tweak.

It's certainly more limited than on-prem but should be good for most use cases.

Showing variables on start forms 

Badge +2

Thanks, Ryan! I realise I did not write that question well, at all. Lesson learned! I meant to include that I am trying to edit the start form of my Nintex workflow with Nintex forms. I'm hoping to tailor the start form for our needs. We have four "gates" to our workflow and wanted to alter the required fields for the first gate to be slightly different than for the other three gates. I was hoping this could somehow be achieved by using Nintex forms on the start form of Nintex workflow. 

Badge +4

I would like to be able to do something similar. Have you found a way to do this yet?