Solved

Trigger SSRS report through Nintex

• 27 February 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hey guys!

I have a challenging task on my hands and I can't find resources about it anywhere. You are my only hope.

Here's the task:

I have an approval workflow for the company's contracts and I made its coversheet by using SSRS (basic stuff: who approved when, etc) filtered by the document's Title for the moment (I fancy the idea of switching to the internal ID). I need to make the SQL Server Reporting Services Report generate automatically in the workflow (using the "Title" field as the parameter with which to filter) and get it sent to the printer.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by prasanta_bhowmi 24 March 2018, 19:34

View original

7 replies

Badge +4

Hi Vlad Cojocaru‌,

Which Nintex Workflow platform/version are you using?

Thanks,

Renai

Badge +1

Nintex Workflow 2013 & SharePoint 2013

Hi,  I need this same feature for my project.

Do you have a SSRS connector in Nintex Workflow ?

Best regards.

Nick.

Badge +6

Did you manage to find a solution for this? I'm stuck on the same thing. In my case I generate the SSRS report on a Company letterhead which is then emailed to a store containing info based on Workflow outcomes. 

Hi, 

There are few option to generate the PDF/Word from SSRS report in Nintex.

Firstly you can call the SSRS Execute web service and call render method which return byte[].

But I have used the SSRS report subscription method "CreateSubscription" which you can specify the report parameters, also define the delivery method of the report e.g store in SharePoint document library or Email.

This is the easiest solutions I have used.

Thanks,

Pras

Badge +2

Hi Pras,

I am trying to create a Nintex workflow that calls the "ReportService2010.asmx?wsdl" to execute the CreateSubscription method.  I am having a challange building the xml with the correct values to make this work.  Do you have an example?  I have not found much online that was helpful.

I know this is an older thread, but am attempting to do this as well with limited success finding how to build the XML. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.