Track Meeting Requests Responses

Badge +6

I am trying to figure out a way to track a meeting request's (generated through workflow) response.  I have a form that generates a meeting request, and then a loop that retrieves calendar items within a date range, and creates a variable with the meeting response and logs it back to the item but it doesn't seem to work. 

Is this the correct approach?  It would be nice to be able to query for the status of a single calendar item based on it's ID vs. all calendar items.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

6 replies

Badge +6

I did want to note these are Exchange Calendar Items - not SharePoint Calendar List Items.

Badge +17

Jonathan,

Have you resolved the issue? If so what was the fix?

Badge +6

Accidentally clicked that - no I have not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

To query based on the ID, how would the workflow know ahead of time which to look for? Are any of the events All Day events?

Badge +6

No they are mostly 2-3 hour invites.  I store the GUID from the creation of the calendar item from another workflow into a variable that I then store into a list item - I assumed I could use that to identify the calendar item.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes that would be possible. Could you post more details about your workflow and where it is failing. Your logic seems sound from what I read. But I can't read into the issue. Maybe a screenshot or two is necessary.