The workflow could not create the list item. Make sure the list exists and the user has permissions to add items to the list.

• 30 March 2018
  • 6 replies

I have created one site workflow, which is supposed to create item on particular condition. This workflow worked well in development environment. after deploying on production, on the first day it worked well. but next day it is giving error"The workflow could not create the list item. Make sure the list exists and the user has permissions to add items to the list."

I am stuck there only. help me out!!!!

Regards

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

Workflows tend to run under the permission context of the user that initiates the workflow, unless something  is elevated.   When you say it worked the first day, was it for the same user when it failed the second day?  If not, grant the user it failed for at least Contribute permissions on the list(s) they are interacting with.

Thanks

Badge +4

I’ve had the same issue “"The workflow could not create the list item. Make sure the list exists and the user has permissions to add items to the list."

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If you used the “Office 365 create list item” (the one that uses a connection), check the list name. Nintex can be annoying about the list title. Sometimes the action asks the list title, but requires the list root folder.
The difference is :
List title: “My Awesome List” 
List root folder :  https://nintex.sharepoint.com/sites/mysite/Lists/MyNotSoAwesomeList/AllItems.aspx 
“MyNotSoAwesomeList” is the root folder of the list named “My Awesome List”.

Badge +4

@allan my file name used delimiter “.” which generated the error. I would like more precise error codes on the part of Nintex.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

Hi @NotSure,

Just letting you know that the error message is generated by SharePoint.  As this is the case, it would be up to Microsoft to provide more precise error codes. 

Badge +4

@SimonMuntz that makes sense, thank you.