The encoding in the declaration 'utf-8' does not match the encoding of the document 'utf-16LE'

• 19 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I have a Nintex Form for the properties of a document content type. 

Documents are created by a workflow with some properties populated in that process.

The document template contains Quick Parts that are connected to some document properties.

Fairly consistently...an item can be managed using the properties form, UNTIL the document is first edited in Word (there are some free text areas in the document that are intended to be edited that way).

I say fairly consistently as it sometimes seems to take a couple of goes to 'break' the Nintex Form, but generally, after editing with Word, when next trying to open the properties form we get the error:

The encoding in the declaration 'utf-8' does not match the encoding of the document 'utf-16LE'

create.jspa&t=1534671708185?mid=&wid=52319&sid=&tid=7431&rid=FINISHED&custom1=community.nintex.com&t=1534671708186

218212_pastedImage_1.png

Can anyone suggest what is happening here? 

I've had a look at playing with Word settings below but I don't think they're really relevant:

218213_pastedImage_2.png

3 replies

Badge +2

sometimes, we receive the same error. Any hins about that?

Badge +2
no one?!
Badge +2

OK. It seems like a problem between Word and Nintex Forms for O365 when Nintex Forms is connected to some document attributes and when using the tab-control in Nintex Forms with more than two tabs, because this brakes a xml-string which is stored in Word, see Screenshot. You will find this xml-string in the advanced properties of Word. Our external partner demonstrated the problem to Nintex support and they finally figgered out the bug and they will hopefully fix it as soon as possible.