Solved

Tasks not being assigned

Badge +6

I cannot seem to get my tasks to be assigned to anyone. I did see a post here about it and the answer was that the assignee has to be someone inside your domain, but I am and it is never assigned to me. Any ideas for me? I have an email account for testing (on our domain) and I put myself as the manager. I log the history and I have confirmed if I use a variable for manageremail it is my correct email address. But even if I just use Workflow Context: Manager Email address it does not assign to me. (is the NW something I should know about? When I use Workflow Context it shows like this: [%Workflow Context:NW ManagerEmailAddress%]? )Here is how I have it set up:

icon

Best answer by casey 29 June 2018, 03:43

View original

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Mark,

When the workflow makes it to this stage, does the status of the workflow stay as Started or does it change to Suspended?

If it is suspended, is there any detail in the blue info bubble on the instance's Workflow History page?

Just to confirm, if you actually just type your email address or login name into the Assign To field, does this create a task for you?

Thanks,

Callum

Badge +6

Hello Callum-

It does show the Internal Status as: Started. Then I click that and Task Status is Not Started and nobody assigned to it. When I put my direct email in the Participant field, still nothing.

Badge +9

Hi Mark,

It's not something I've seen before and I am a bit puzzled... Does the same occur if you use your msonline login name instead of email address (I'm not sure if various O365 email configurations could affect this) e.g. abc.efg@company.onmicrosoft.com

If you have time for one more test, and you have access to SharePoint designer, you could try creating a new SPD 2013 Workflow on the site and using the Assign Task action there, under the Nintex activity we use the same native SP Task assignment mechanism so that would help narrow things down if you get the same issue in SPD.

It may be worth putting a call in to our support team to take a closer look at this as well.

Thanks,

Callum

Badge +6

Hello Callum and anyone else who may have run into this issue. We finally found the problem: Limited Access permissions (Site Settings > Site Permissions > Edit User Permissions > Limited Access.

I am a Site Administrator, but if this item is checked, certain permissions are taken away still. This is a result of the same user having multiple permission levels on the same site. Here is a blog post about this permission to look out for if you're having issues in SharePoint:  What is Limited Access Anyway? | Paul Galvin's (old) SharePoint space [SharePoint 

One of the replies to this post describes how Limited Access works using a really great metaphor for it. This makes it much more clear:

What is Limited Access and how does it work?

Thank you for all of your assistance and for trying to help. Not until my boss and I got on a conference call and pulled up the same entries did we realize he was seeing information that I was not.l'm sure if we'd done that sooner we would've realized it was a permissions issue and not something in Nintex. I had taken my workflow down to almost nothing and rebuilt it for no reason. Oh well at least it helped me to learn how to put these together. Anyway, thanks again-- very much appreciate.