Task delegation by lazy approver reply?

• 19 September 2020
  • 0 replies

Badge +2

I ran into a small problem where i needed to delegate the assignedTo on a task.
I found various articles, even one that looked promising Delegation 

However when i created the query list it is not populating the variables properly for AssignedTo and ModifiedBy. I attemped to use a Workflow text variable but the workflow stalled with error.

Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidCastException: The value 'AssignedTo|EMail[0]' cannot be read as type 'String'. at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.CheckedRead(String propertyName, DynamicItem value) at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity GetDynamicValueProperty<String> Assign NintexQuerySPListActivityWrappercfb07da37f69402aabeef003940b5361 Require Information ControlFlowStep Assign Group task Sequence If While State Machine Sequence Flowchart F5 Vip Request

I created a new variable as collection and it continued but i am not savy enough to know how to grab and item (work email) out of the collection with NWF yet. 

Anyone have suggestions to help? 

Ideally the task assignment email is sent to a group, a member of that group will reply approve, reject, require more info and that sets the task to them, and informs others in group it was assigned.

Frustration is setting in and any help or idea would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 replies

Be the first to reply!