Solved

Table format not saving in Multi Line Rich text

• 20 October 2017
  • 16 replies

Hello everyone!

I am working on a form and I have a Multi Line textbox (rich text) in which I have tables as input, but whenever I paste the table, the textbox does not inherit the format of the original table I pasted (borderlines are gone, etc.). Is this an original issue on Nintex forms or is there something I should configure to make it work? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by emha 25 October 2017, 10:34

View original

16 replies

Badge +9

Is the source of the table pure HTML or did you create the table in a Word doc? Are you using the Multi Line Text control so you can connect the contents of the box back to a column or are you not connecting the control to a list column?

Thank you,

Sean

Hi, Sean!

Yes, I created the table in a Word Doc and yes it is connected to a list column. 

Thank you!

Badge +9

'Rich Text' wont allows, try with 'Enhanced Rich Text' type.

Badge +9

Lakshmi C is correct! Since your control is already connected to the column, just make sure the column, in list settings, is set to Enhanced Rich Text and not Plain Text.

Thank you,

Sean 

Hi, Lakshmi!

I already set it to enhanced rich text but sadly, it still does not copy the format of the table. 

Thank you!

Hi, Sean!

I already set it to Enhanced Rich Text and nothing changes.

Thank you!

Badge +9

Have you changed this column settings any chance after its created.

No, initially I already have it set to enhanced rich text.

Badge +9

whether is it the same case in other list enhanced rich text columns.

yes i tested it with other enhanced rich text columns and it's all the same, it doesn't inherit the format of the table I pasted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

when you paste formatted text/table into reach text control, it's by default pasted as plain text. but there should appear a flying"Paste options" icons which should allow you to take over source formatting

Hi, Marian!

Thank you for your response!

My view is different from yours. In my form it looks like this:

and if I try to paste a table, for example, this table:

it results to this:

and also there is no "paste options" available. Is there any workaround on this? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you are likely on different environment.

is that  sharepoint online?

I've found folowing article that describes what you experience Copy and paste in Office Online - Office Support 

it seems to be limitation of online platform.

‌ formatted text‌ ‌ reach text‌ ‌ 

I am in O365 and yes, it seems that this kind of feature is not yet supported. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

likely not an answer you wanted, but I think your question is answered.

can you mark it so?

Not the answer I wanted, anyway, thanks for shedding some light on this issue, Marian!